But.. you have no idea where to begin. Guess what? Neither did your favorite YouTuber when they started.
Here are 5 benefits of starting a channel anyways:
🎓 You’ll learn new skills
When you start creating videos, you’ll refine your skills over time.
- Graphic design
- Video production & editing
- Audio engineering
🙋🏻♀️ You’ll reach more people
Through YouTube, you can grow your fanbase and expand your network more quickly than ever before.
- The internet provides a much larger audience than any local show ever will.
- Connecting with other music YouTubers helps grow your professional network.
🎶 You’ll cultivate a content library over time (a portfolio of your music)
You can share your content with people interested in learning about your music or repurpose the videos for other uses.
- This content can be used for marketing, demos, promos, etc
- You can repurpose your content on different platforms
📈 You’ll gain experience with content marketing and analytics
Analytics allow you to determine what resonates with your audience, which allows you to produce better content over time and reach more people.
- One aspect of a successful YouTube strategy includes learning how to get your videos in front of the right people.
- In order to learn how to get yourself seen, you need to learn about algorithms and analytics; it may sound scary, but the skills and understanding will come with time as your channel grows with you.
💰 You’ll build additional revenue streams
As your channel grows, you’ll see more opportunities for building revenue streams from your audience, such as:
- Patreon, Buy Me a Coffee, Zelle, PayPal,
- Redirecting to other products/services you offer
- YouTube Adsense (Note: you cannot monetize copyrighted music)